5 Ways Taylor Swift Stood Out at the Grammys
Taylor Swift has always made it clear that the Grammys is her favorite award show. In the days leading up to the event, she retweeted tweets from the official Grammys twitter account and even wore her special Grammy necklace. When she was fairly new to the music industry, Swift shocked the world when she became the youngest artist ever to win the coveted Grammy for Album of the Year in 2010. Since then, she has won seven awards with a total of 19 nominations. At the 56th annual Grammy Awards, she was nominated for Album of the Year, Best Country Album, Best Country Song and Best Country Duo/ Group Performance with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. Even though she failed to win any awards, here are five ways she captured our attention at the star-studded event:
1. She imitated Jennifer Lawrence’s photobomb from the Golden Globes. When Ryan Seacrest interviewed her from the red carpet, he couldn’t help but mention the notable Golden Globes incident. At the Golden Globes, Jennifer Lawrence crept up behind Swift and made a funny face. She was unaware that there were in fact two cameras recording the interview. After footage of Lawrence was released, it became a viral sensation. After Ryan Seacrest replayed the old interview, Swift reenacted the hilarious moment.
2. She danced from the start and didn’t care what people were thinking. Taylor Swift seems to look at awards shows as one big concert. While other stars were concerned with flying under the radar, Swift danced her heart out to performances ranging from Beyonce and Jay Z to Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar. Ed Sheeran even admitted that parts of her dress broke due to her dancing.
3. She comforted Ed Sheeran when he failed to win the Grammy for New Artist.Immediately after the winner was announced, she turned to Sheeran who has yet to win a Grammy. Both stars became close friends this past year after they toured together on the Red tour.
4. After Lorde won Song of the Year, she was one of the first people to stand up.Swift showed great enthusiasm for the young singer who has recently become one of her close friends. She even tweeted a picture of the two of them during a commercial break.
5. For her Grammys performance, she sang a song that wasn’t a single because her fans wanted to see it. ”All Too Well” is arguably one of the most personal Taylor Swift songs to date. Even though it was never released as a single separate from her album, she played it on the Grammys stage because of it was a request from her fans. The emotional performance contrasted greatly from last year’s where she sang the upbeat single
"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Although she has been made fun of by numerous publications for her dramatic head banging, people who have been to her concert know that this is a normal part of her choreography during the number.
by: Jamie Gleklen
"You deserve someone who loves you with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of every day just wondering what you’re doing, where you are, who you’re with, and if you’re OK. You need someone who can help you reach your dreams and protect you from your fears. You need someone who will treat you with respect, love every part of you, especially your flaws. You should be with someone who could make you happy, really happy, dancing on air happy. "
I will definitely buy this!!! #RedtourPh #TaylorSwiftIceCream #Strawberry #Cornetto @taylorswift ┒(‘o’┒)(┎’o’)┎
- Jennifer: I was going to push you down the stairs.
- Taylor: You should have, people would love that.
- Jennifer: I was like, 'she'll crack up'
- Taylor: People would think that's so funny!
- Ryan: Have you ever been to her concert?
- Jennifer: No, she's never invited me.
- Taylor: I haven't? I'm so going to now. She just watched the CMAs!
- Jennifer: Oh my God, I freaked out over the CMAs! I sent her like a text message that was like 6 inches long.
- Taylor: I was reading it like this is the most heartfelt message I've ever received.
- Ryan: What did she say in the text message?
- Jennifer: I don't remember but like she was just so incredible I thought her performance was... I'm blushing now just thinking about it. My hands are sweating.
- Taylor: American Hustle - I was doing the same thing. I wanted so badly to send it like a novel text message. I'll get out of your interview now. I'm going to do that after tonight now that I know.
- 2009 cma awards
- 2010 grammy awards
- 2011 american music awards
- 2012 mtv europe music awards
- 2013 billboard awards